Friday, September 08, 2006

Pictures from last week in Bonn

Ok, no real order to these pictures. You might like to know while I'm composing this post I'm listening to "I'm Yours," an absolutely awesome song by Jason Mraz. Search youtube.com for it, it'll make your day.




Me with Zoltan, great guy, he's been in school for the last 27 years! I had lots of fun with him, he just got married after I left in August, I'll be working with him for the next year and a half on my thesis.


Me at my desk at the Institut fur Landtechnik, Uni Bonn


Zoltan at HIS desk. Exciting stuff!


The next few are from an outing around Bonn the Thursday before I left (July 27th I think) Everyone's taking pictures....


Great view of the Rhine behind me from the top of THE Loreley (not one of those, uh, fake imitations)



On the ferry crossing to the other side of the Rhine. Right is Tukta, my first Thai friend! She had an internship there from July-August. Left is another guy's girlfriend who was visiting from Bulgaria.


This is at a monestary still in use by REAL live monks, I shook the hands of one of them. Middle is Zoltan, me just left of him, Tukta on the far right, and the other two are Chinese girls from I don't know where, they just appeared for the tour and supposedly had something to do with the Institut, I think they were really spies. The guy in charge knew them, but that must just mean he was a spy too.



A view of the warehouse of the Institut. I'm probably not even supposed to post this picture since all the equipment and (very fun!) toys are a bit classified till they're patented, so don't look too closely ;)




Holland! This is where I spent my very last Sunday in Germany. The back yard of Queen Wilhemina's Palace, Het Loo. Gorgeous gardens, I got a dancing video here!


Another shot of the back of the palace, it's made of good'ol fashined bricks.


There was a big collection of sleighs, this was one of my favorites. Looks comfy doesn't it?





Picture of Alvin and me in the car in Wageningen, he's one of only a few members in Holland.




That's all for the moment, I'll try to add more within a week. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan. How's it going? I wish I could have seen all your pics from Europe at the feast. Too bad I didn't. Like the pictures you have here though. The only thing you are missing is your video. Take care.