Monday, May 14, 2007

All Over Again

Time is fleeting at the moment, but I feel the need to fill a few lines in form of an update. I left Atlanta on May 6th at 6:35 pm and arrived to London shortly after 7 in the morning. Immediately making my way north across town (at the terrible price of 20 pounds!), checked in for my Eurostar train to Paris and had a couple extra hours to tour around a bit. London Eye, Parliment, 10 Downing street, Westminster Abbey; all within easy walking distance of Waterloo station. Wanting about 6 pounds storage per bag, I rather carried my backpack and suitcase several miles through the streets of London, not fun but very cheap.

I arrived to Paris a bit after 5 in the afternoon and went north to Pont Ste. Maxence to stay with Courtiols for 3 nights. We made several day trips, the best of which was to Beauvais to see one of a famous series of astronomical clocks. Absoltely amazing; the mechanism, guilding, craftsmanship, all of it a wonder.

On Thursday the 10th of May I traveled on to Bonn via Cologne, and met Zoltan to get the key for my new apartment. Everything's gone fabulously since then, my 7 semi-room mates are from Afghanistan, China and Germany. Some adventures in the past few days have consisted of being locked out of my office and apartment for an entire night, popping the back tire on my bike, and braving the smells from the manure based exerimentation going on in the shop next door.

Life is good, but grocery stores close early so I must...

1 comment:

zygomycota said...

Guten Tag, Herr Veal. Seems that you're having fun in Europe! =) I heard that London Eye might be closed soon from one of my friends, and your traveling does make me envy you!