Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Not Again

The more I think about traveling the less I want to recreate certain aspects of the trip this summer. I'm hoping to go back to Europe summer '07 and then somewhere else in the world in spring '08, so I've put lots of thought into my traveling philosophy. The best times I had this summer were with other people, that's one big point. The other is that I don't want to just go more places to see nice landscapes and structures, take pictures, and do dancing videos.

I want to experience things and people, not take pictures of scenery. Well, I DO still want to see scenery, but to the extent that it dominated my travel philosophy to the exclusion of (or even simply disinterest or apathy toward) the actual experience of being in a place, I'm sorry. So maybe that means I'd rather...get thrown in jail for a week in Nepal and live to tell about it than dance in front of the Sydney Opera House? Maybe.

No comments: