Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The End is Near

Only a few more days of work left, and I do mean work! I wrote 1,400 words for a paper for my student today, all before lunch. Yesterday I was in the middle of a field for 8 hours, it was quite fun though, even though it's hot (95F, 35C!) I'd rather do that than be inside and stare at a computer screen. So I was in Vienna last weekend, this weekend I will see a little bit of Holland, then next Tuesday I leave for Coniston. I'm going to see some people in Cologne for dinner today, tired of taking the stadtbahn that stops every 60 seconds so I'm going to bike. 25 km each way, I think it'll take about 75 minutes. Wait, that's assuming I don't get lost, which will invariably happen because I get lost for brief moments of time even in Bonn within a mile of my apartment all the time... better plan on 2 hours : ) Oh, and while at the field yesterday I got to drive a tractor! My first big tractor driving experience. Istvan (the guy I was helping) also let me drive the VW van across the field as well. Not quite the autobahn but close enough to make me quite happy. Ok, I need to keep writing. The real stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well written, young Daniel. It has been a pleasure following your European adventure during the past few weeks, and your photographs only added to this voyage.