Sunday, July 09, 2006

Berry Picking

I picked strawberries today. I spent the weekend in Stuttgart and very shortly Munich for services. I stayed with Ulmers in Stuttgart, we went for all went for a nice run this morning, kicked the soccerball around a bit, and then off to a strawberry field! I was a couple of acres and completely full of the most delightful strawberries. You pay a slight premium for picking them yourself (it's evidently cheaper to just buy them), but I found out it's because you can eat them as you pick. The world's best all you can eat buffet! They were absolutely wonderful: ripe, red, veramente delicioso (really delicious!!). We picked about 5ish kilos, had quite a few during lunch, and I took some home for the train journey back. Also went muchroom hunting for a short time in the woods, unfortunately our search was a bit fruitless, but I was kept occupied by some raspberry bushes on a nearby path...

Next weekend I'll be in Heidelberg for a conference of all the people in my summer program Thursday and Friday, then back to Stuttgart till Sunday. And then just two more weekends in Germany!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone, I have three weeks of work left and it's adios.. uh, aufwiedersehen, to the fatherland. The last weekend I'm hopefully going to Holland for a short time, and I'm not sure about the weekend 2 weeks from now. I'll be using the last two days of my Eurail pass so I will definitely go out in style wherever it is, ie, a long long way away by train. Anyone want to spend a couple months in Thailand next summer? Just a random comment....

No comments: