Monday, June 12, 2006

More Bonnnnn

Whew, everything's been quite busy lately. I'm trying to soak everything in but I'm getting a bit saturated. It's a touch late right now so I don't have time to add much, but the job is going well. I've only been here just over a week so everything is still getting settled, Germans are notorious (and righfully so I've found out) for ridiculous amounts of paperwork.

World Cup fever is in full pitch here. I was at least a tiny bit hopeful the US would do at least sort of well, but alas we lost miserably 3-0 today to Czechs. Oh well, I can cheer for Germany with everyone else!

So, a slight recap. Started in Chattanooga on May 2, and since then I've been in Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Sarasota, FL, London-Bristol-Northampton-Oxford in the UK, Amsterdam (airport), Paris, Milan-Bologna-Urbino in Italy, Bonn-Wiesbaden in Germany. I made some quick additions and I've traveled about 10,000 miles. The circumference of the earth is somewhere around 26,000 miles so I may not reach that, but I'll get at least 3/4 of the way there by the end of it all : ) I have more trips planned for the next few weeks, Vienna, Italy, and other spots around Germany. I've got 8 days left on my Eurail pass that are just begging me to be burned...

I'll give more details about the internship eventually, I've come across some really interesting projects. I work at the Institut für Landtechnik, which is basically mechanical engineering applied to agriculture. The clock has just struck midnight, time to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good block, Daniel Veal. Are you by any chance related to the international known writer, Burt Veal?