Thursday, May 18, 2006

More England....

Have had a very nice past few days. After services on Sabbath we had a picnic in St. James' Park, just a few hundred meter from Buckingham Palace (ho hum to everyone else, extremely cool to me). Sunday was spent wandering around Hampstead Heath, a very large green space. Inside, we went up "Parliment Hill" (no one actually know why is was called that) where there was a great view of the city from afar.

Monday was a travel day. Because... now based out of Northampton, I traveled north to Warwick Castle on Tuesday, self advertised as Britain's ultimate medieval experience. Not so sure about that, but it turned out to be very enjoyable. The best part was their Birds of Prey show, which I got to see twice. They had a huge bald eagle on display, it enjoyed clipping the crowd as it flew around waiting for the food signal from the, uh, bird guy. Then today was a trip to Alton Towers, where I confirmed it is England's best theme park. Lots of fun, some excellent coasters, it threatened to rain most of the day but held off so the lines were almost nonexistent, 20 minutes was the most we waited, wohoo! It began pouring a little after 4 but I was ready to pack it in by then.

So can you tell I'm a bit tired? Bad sleep leads to bad writing. I'm over the jet lag completely, I've just been having to get up early. But no rest for the weary, I've got a schedule to stick to. A bunch of walking around London for Thursday, then Friday will be easy, in the afternoon I head over the Newbury where I'll be through Monday.

No comments: