Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life Began on a Tuesday

Tuesday May 2, 2006, that is. I'm pretty sure that'll be my motto for the next little while.

That's the day I'll remember shoving off for Birmingham, on the way to Dallas with my sister. She just got a fantastic job out there, and I never turn down the chance to hitch rides out of Georgia. We're planning to drive all day Wednesday and get to Dallas by evening. She gets to stay and I take a plane back to Hotlanta on Thursday morning, where my dad'll pick me up and we then head down to Florida for the weekend. We'll come home either Sunday night or Monday midday, and then the fun begins.

I'll furiously pack some belongings for three months away from home, no doubt forgetting several important things that I'll have to buy in Europe. Ah, Europe. Two weeks in England, a few days apiece in France and Italy, then off to my semi-permanent home in Bonn, Germany. I got a fantastic engineering internship at the University of Bonn and can't wait, I'll be helping a doctorate student with his research. Is it bad that I have absolutely no idea what he's working on? Nah, Germany + Engineering = can't miss opportunity. I just got my apartment this past week, I'm less than 10 minutes from Uni and less than a mile from the downtown shops. Doesn't everyone live in shouting distance from Beethoven's birthplace?

I've never blogged before so this is pretty new to me. Theoretically anyone can read what I've just written, yet realistically no one cares other than me. That's pretty much the definition of a blog right? I may send this link to some people who know me so they can keep up with what I'm doing over the summer. Pictures, thoughts, maybe lots of engineering stuff, I have no idea what it'll turn into.

So there, I've said my piece and my life is ready to have a new beginning. On a Tuesday.

No comments: